Today, owners don’t need to change their plans in order to bring their pets along. Many short term rentals, 5-star hotels, and even lovely bed-and-breakfast properties offer pet accommodations often at no additional cost. With all these options available, next you go on vacation you may want to bring pets. We wanted to make you aware of some hotels that offer your pets the luxury and fun that you enjoy when traveling.
Top 10 pet friendly hotels across the US:
1. Canopy by Hilton Washington DC – This DC hotel sits along the wharf and offers pet owners a welcome package with treats, a ball, and a guidebook to showcase dog-friendly places in Washington. Your room key alerts housekeeping when your dog is in the room so they won’t disturb his nap. The stunning location is perfect for long walks along the water. Best of all, there is no additional pet charge.
2. Equinox hotel Chicago – This hotel is an extension of Equinox gym and offers exceptional amenities for all your fitness needs: a massive gym including a snack bar and spa. These rooms are all soundproofed so you and your pet’s sleep or nap won’t be disturbed.
3. Aloft Hotel Philadelphia – This modern hotel welcomes all dogs and includes a bowl of dog treats with their stay. This hotel is in a prime location with a nearby dog park and close to dog-friendly restaurants.
4. SoHo Grand Hotel New York City – If you are looking for a luxury experience, this hotel is the perfect option that includes a private dog park, complimentary organic treats, food, and water bowls.
5. Wine Country Inn and Cottages Napa Valley – This Inn welcomes pets under 30 pounds. It has a fee of $100 per pet. Napa doesn’t offer many pet-friendly options, but the breakfast and walking trails make this place a great option.
6. Paséa Hotel & Spa Huntington Beach – Not only is this hotel pet friendly, but so is the town. Paséa offers the Paw-séa Pet Package, which offers three hours of pet sitting and doggie spa treatment, toys, a leash, and bowls. The hotel has its own dog park and the beach in Huntington Beach is dog friendly.
7. Four Seasons Resort Orlando – In the heart of the amusement capital of the United States, the Four Seasons offers a pet-friendly stay at no additional cost to the pet owner. At check-in your pet will receive complimentary treats, a bed, and a water bowl. They also have a list of doggy daycare facilities that you can contact, should you want to spend the day at one of the amusement parks.
8. InterContinental Hotel Austin – The interior architectural details of this hotel alone are worth the visit. This hotel has a pet weight limit of 60 pounds and there is an additional cleaning fee. The location of this hotel is in the heart of downtown Austin which offers miles of window shopping with you and your pet.
9. 21C Museum Hotel Nashville – This property offers a music-themed stay and there is no additional fee for pets. Several local restaurants that offer complimentary entertainment offer outside seating so you and your pet can enjoy the music together.
10. Kimpton Hotel Denver – This hotel offers a luxury option for you and your pet at no room charge. Treats, and a dog bed is offered in each room, and dogs are invited to the daily complinentary happy hour.
It is important to remember that when researching hotels that some do not permit you to leave your pet unattended in your room. Many of these hotels offer assistance in finding restaurants, dog parks, walking trails, and doggy daycare facilities. It is recommended that you research and reserve any daycare facilities beforehand.
Here is a list of items that you should bring when traveling with your pet:
- Collar with tag or cell phone number
- Blanket or bed
- Water and refillable water bottle
- Food and water bowl
- Toys and chew Items
- All medication and supplements
- Puppy pads or disposable litter box
- Waste removal bags
- Old towels and disinfectant sprays
- Pet first aid kit
- Vaccination records
Traveling can be an exciting and now easier experience for you and your pet. Enjoy!